Save Triple Zero (000) for saving lives and only call in a medical emergency.
Below are a few examples of medical emergencies which would require you to call Triple Zero (000):
- chest pain or chest tightness
- sudden onset of weakness, numbness or paralysis of the face, arm or leg
- breathing difficulties
- uncontrollable bleeding
- sudden collapse or unexplained fall
- unexplained fitting in adults
- injury from a major car accident
- falling from a great height
- serious assault including stabbing or shooting
- severe burns, particularly in young children
- infants that are fitting or have an ongoing fever
This information should be used as a guide only.